Revit export to CAD

Hello everyone,

I guess i lost my faith in finding solution to this.
The problem is: Is there any possibility to export Revit elevation with exactly the same look as in the project?

Lets say i have Revit beautiful elevation (Cant import image cause i`m new user)

The thing is when i do standard export to CAD i get this look.

So basically i have to fix it by hand, even though i selected to export colors as specified in the Revit view.

So far, the best solution I found was to export it as DWF. Then you get this look which is exactly the same as in Revit. (Cant import image cause im new user)

Which is okay and so on, BUT, the DWF does not contain layers to turn off and the contractors are angry about it. Yes i tried to create different Export sets and templates for every Discipline contractor but when they have no control over layers they feel like I`m the dinosaur.

So people, heeeelp me. Is it doable with dynamo? Is there any nodes that controls the look of a view so it could remain untouched?

What i need basically is: The way view looks on revit with linetypes, linescales, lineweights, hatches, i want to export it to dwg and feel no difference.

Thanks.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

It looks like it should be possible… It sounds like you have got furthest with your dwf graph, so could you hit the image button on your Dynamo and upload the result?

I had a look around in the GeniusLoci package Export DWF node & it looks like the DWFXExportOptions method ExportObjectData might work?

There is a post on the forum here, which suggests you might not even need Dynamo, there might be a Revit Exporter which does the job?

Hope that helps,

Mark

1 Like