Revit and "space planning" | Element.SetParameterByName

We are trying to rebuild the space planning script of " @kyle_martin_Gensler ". However, we run into the warning “Element.SetParameterByName” Does anyone have a solution for this?

Personally, I suspect it is a template thing, where I started with a Revit base template (see also the figures below).

Goal is wider dissemination of space planning scripts, see also status today in source data (attached).

Thanks in advance.

Fig. 1

Fig. 2

Fig-3
Fig. 3

Fig. 4

Source data:
202101_BGD_XX_ZZ_M3_A_0036_Huis.rvt (5.2 MB)
V3 Autodesk Construction Cloud
202101_BGD_XX_ZZ_M3_A_0037_Space-planning.dyn (757.8 KB)
V42 Autodesk Construction Cloud
202101_BGD_XX_ZZ_RD_A_0040_Space-planning-programma-Dijkstraat-34.xlsx (20.9 KB)
V3 Autodesk Construction Cloud
202101_BGD_XX_ZZ_M3_A_0039_Space-planning-box.rfa (360 KB)
V1 Autodesk Construction Cloud

Definitely a template/parameter name thing. Set up the parameter for use in the family or project template and give it another shot.

1 Like

@j.boonen I’ve seen this happen when the script is run on Metric projects. Although Dynamo adapts to whichever units the project is using, please check your units in both the project & family because for example the cubes may be sized in the Meters but the spacing in Revit is in Millimeters.

1 Like

Thanks for the posts above.

@kyle_martin_Gensler herein was indeed another difference, this was just addressed see fig 1 and fig 2 below.

@jacob.small @kyle_martin_Gensler I looked at the parameters briefly with Konrad Ociepka. Which kind of parameters do I take best (see also screencast below)?

If it is convenient for me to share the source data I would be happy to hear it.

Fig. 1

Fig. 2

Screencast

Thanks in advance.