Revit 2023.1 Door ToRoom FromRoom

Running Revit 2023.1 and DYNAMO v.2.16.1
I a trying to renumber doors based on the ToRoom and FromRoom parameters. Clockwork has several tools for extracting the information but when I try to use them it produces an Empty List.
Has something changed in Revit 2023 or Dynamo that would cause this to produce an Empty List?
The information appears in the schedule but I cannot find this information in the list of Parameters on the door in Dynamo.
Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you have DSIronPython2.7 installed as well.

2 Likes

Gavin,

Thanks for the quick reply. After a long day of investigating it turns out that PyRevit was causing a conflict with Dynamo. As soon as I set that not to load the script ran as expected. It appears PyRevit has some issues with Dynamo in 2023 (works fine in 2022). I use those tools frequently so I’ll have to do some investigation to see if I can find out what is giving Dynamo headaches.

BTW, love your YouTube channel. I go back and reference your videos constantly. You’ve been a huge asset over the years.

1 Like

Are you running Dyanamo scripts from pyRevit?
Have you set the bundle.yaml? May be part of the problem.

engine:
  clean: false
engine:
  automate: false
1 Like

Aaron,

You’ll have to excuse my ignorance here. I only run the tools that come with PyRevit. I haven’t developed any of my own to run from PyRevit.
I did a search for bundle.yaml and I see there are sevarl files with that name. Is there one in particular I should look at?

Ah yes running from pyrevit in 2023 makes a difference. Ive heard from a few people with similar issues. Maybe log an issue over on the github for pyrevit.

If you’re not running your dynamo app through pyRevit, them the above settings are not relevant.

I have seen dynamo step on pyRevit’s memory and tosses an error after a dynamo session. But not the other way around.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll keep checking on Github. Seems like it might be an issue with the ironpython. I’ve gotten several errors on nodes I’ve previous used still having the old code.

Sorry for the delay on the reply. Getting slammed with other stuff and this got lost in the mix.

I did get this resolved. I’ll send the solution in a bit.

drawlogogray-small_bd9f1bc7-264d-461c-be4f-86430a0be66d.png

linkedin_32x32_cd02e0ab-184a-4125-99d3-b9f77814abab.png

facebook_32x32_df6909af-c720-4220-9eb3-0b9603af3bea.png

instagram_32x32_dc23f4ee-d105-4fbe-9b9c-45f0c3aed149.png

twitter_32x32_3c068540-316d-49cf-b5c6-8901b210190a.png

I uninstalled all the packages and reinstalled to make sure I had the latest versions.
I also used the DiRoots Appmanager to keep all Revit Addins from starting automatically and loaded them one at a time until the error problem occurred. (If you’re not familiar with DiRoots I highly recommend taking a look).
The one that seemed to be causing an issue was the CTC Bim Project Suite. I was able to load PyRevit without an issue as long as I didn’t load CTC. Not sure if there’s a conflict between those 2 addins.
Aaaanyway, I was able to finally get the door renumber issue worked out by using the Door.RenumberByRoom from BVN Rather straight forward when I figured that one out.

1 Like

Can confirm i’ve seen issues with CTC and other apps from time to time including pyrevit.

1 Like