Revit 2022 - Create Spaces using Rooms from Archictectural linked model

Hello guys,

Can someone please teach me or point me to the right direction on how to create spaces using spaces of a link model? Is there an updated packages that contains the needed nodes or article? Because I have checked some articles and it’s already years ago and when I search for the node, it is not existing or not properly working.

These are just samples of articles that I found and I think it’s outdated or I am just really dumb in dynamo:

Kindly please help me.

Regards,
Richard

Hi @richard.garciaTWYED …take a look on MePower there is nodes there support that workflow very well

HI!! im hoping someone can help me! Im trying to create Spaces from a link model and tag them.

But i have no idea what im doing wrong. My Spaces schedule shows spaces being created but i dont know where and its not tagging them. At the same time the SPACE.BYPOINT keeps giving me an error!

In the get views i changed the node to String.Contains instead of begins with

If I understand it from the posting title you want to create spaces based on rooms in the linked model, but then in your opening post you talk about creating spaces from spaces.

If you posting title is accurate and you want to make spaces from rooms in the linked model you don’t need to develop any additional tools!

Try Analyze, Spaces, place Automatically. Then in the same ribbon use SPACE NAMING to set space names and numbers based on the corresponding rooms.

Hi @aocampoG9UDA …try something,

or try this ootb node here…

for tagging spaces use Genius Loci…

1 Like

image_2022-02-12_121037

Thanks for the advice!!! It seems like i have an issue with the spaces are being created at a different location

As per previous thread, probably a link transform. Solution available here:

1 Like

Yes you will need to to transform your coordinates as your models dont share origin…try this one here from Bimorph for get your link rooms location it should help in your case…

PS…my best advice is setup the project so it share origin, it dont give so much headache later in the project…:wink:

Thanks again for your help!

I tried it with the CODEBLOCK, but it gave me an error, so I used the CATEGORIES.

But i noticed two things

1. The LINKS node tells me that the linked file is not sharing location.
  2. The LINKELEMENT.LOCATION gives me the following warning note
    Warning: Invalid operation exception: The location of the internal element is not a valid curve or point.

PS.the project was created by the architects, and is a BIM360 collaboration file with them and two other companies, can i setup my file to share the origin without affecting them?

alright…you dont spell Rooms right in your codeblock…what does the warning say in element location?

Try to check for unbounded rooms…

2 Likes

I’ve just released a new version of Crumple which has a node that can generate the transform needed, try this workflow below. I’ve included the Python code it uses for reference - it’s quite simple (for a Python script.

)

# Made by Gavin Crump
# Free for use
# BIM Guru, www.bimguru.com.au

# Boilerplate text
import clr

clr.AddReference("RevitAPI")
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import RevitLinkInstance

clr.AddReference("RevitNodes")
import Revit
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.GeometryConversion)

# Get link transform
link_instance = UnwrapElement(IN[0])
link_transform = link_instance.GetTotalTransform().ToCoordinateSystem(True)

# Preparing output to Dynamo
OUT = link_transform
1 Like

Thank you

Im using Revit 2021, I dont know how to code a node. Im very sorry, still really new at DYNAMO.

PS I follow you in YOUTUBE and managed to do the Floor Finishes by Room using Dynamo! script.

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 8.45.01 AM

For a brief second last night the blue dots where in the correct location, but today when I opened the file to keep working they are once again in the wrong location.

It seems i had not seen this message. Thanks for the advice. I will try that!