Bringing Spaces/Rooms in From Revit Linked Model

Hey All!

I’m very new to Dyanmo and trying to get my feet wet. I work for a professional furnishing company. I do primarily lab furnishing, and we tend to link in an architectural Revit model into our project space and model casework, tops, fume hoods, plumbing, etc. within it. We are really hoping to leverage Dynamo to save time on more mundane tasks, and so I’m focusing my energy right now into running a script that will bring in space/room info into our project environment without having to place rooms again via turning room bounding on.

I have found several scripts that seem to do something similar to what we are trying to do, but I’m struggling to translate what they’re doing to what I want to do. Currently, here’s what I have:

I’m thinking if I can get the spaces and associated info to the clipboard, I should be able to find a path to paste them into my project, but currently, I’m not getting anything to populate in my list. Any help is greatly appreciated. Forgive my probably very simple script that requires many more steps than what I’m showing currently… Thanks!

Hi @SSchroeder,

Welcome to the forum :grinning:
I think the “Bimorph” package has some nice nodes that can help you (copy things from linked models to your host model). https://bimorph.com/bimorph-nodes/link-element-copy-to-active-document/

Hey All -

After some small edits, I was able to get the attached script to run and bring over the room elements for me to the project space:

However, I would like a script that doesn’t end with a “warning” as shown for the “Documents.CopyElementsFromLinkedDocument” node, which reads as follows:

*Warning: Documents.CopyElementsFromLinkedDocument operation failed. *
The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.Elements.ElementWrapper.Wrap(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Material, bool)’ and ‘Revit.Elements.ElementWrapper.Wrap(Autodesk.Revit.DB.FamilyInstance, bool)’

Any suggestions? The only thing I can think of is that it doesn’t like that I select both a file path and select a model element…

Thanks!

Thanks! I do have Bimorph downloaded and searching for some helpful nodes. Appreciate it!

It sounds like this is actually because there are some columns within the rooms placed, which causes this warning to occur…