Revit 2019.2 - Crashes instantly when opening Dynamo 2.0.2 files

Having multiple Dynamo versions also creates an issue right?

Dynamo v2.0.2 for both 2017 and 2019. I have 1.3 installed as well for both. I just opened in 2017 and it crashed too… So clearly there is something I’m doing wrong on my end. It at least gave me the ability to send an error report to Autodesk.

1 Like

Translated by admin:

The same thing happened to me, I solved it by reinstalling Dynamo.

Original post below.

A mi me pasaba lo mismo, lo solucione reinstalando Dynamo.

Glad you got it working @mixtega.cg. Please keep to English on future posts. That’s a requirement for search to work unfortunately.

1 Like

I have uninstalled Dynamo and reinstalled, but that hasn’t solved the issue. I’m glad it worked for you though, I thought it would solve my problem.

Hey i had encountered with same problem. There was a specific package which i had installed in this pc (revit 2018.3) and it worked well.

later on I moved on to another system which have this config, dynamo 2.0.2 crashed. same revit version 2048.3

i feel this is something to do with pc configuration.

You just try one thing if possible,
switch to higher config pc and do the repeat the same process. if it worked then let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve encountered this issue recently. My workaround has been opening Dynamo Player first, navigating to the script, and then clicking on Edit in Dynamo. After done once, I’m able to open scripts no problem. Not an ideal workflow, but hopefully it’ll shed some light on the issue.

2 Likes

hi, try remove all Dynamo Packages and re install what u need

I get the same issue.
Sometimes I can change the dyn to a dyf and open that. Then save it back to a dyn.
Other times I can open the dyn in Dynamo Sandbox and copy/paste the elements into another workspace. I tried opening from dynamo player, but got this error box.
2017 will crash with an error box. 2019 will just exit with no warning.

No sollution yet? I got the same problem!!!

No, but we still don’t have a matching journal and log file.

Please restart your cpu, then launch Revit, start a new project, launch Dynamo, open a graph that triggers the crash, and let Revit crash. Then post the Dynamo log and Revit journal and I’ll try to review tomorrow (already late here).

2.0.3 includes a fix to some crashes with 2.0.2 on startup. Try that to see if there are improvements with that build.

1 Like

Sorry for reviving this thread as well, seems like i’m on a roll with this…
@jacob.small I have the same crash happening in R2020 with dynamo 2.3.
awkwardly enough, dynamo doesnt crash when opening a new project, but it does crash every time when i open my current project. Last week i was able to go around it by deleting a bunch of packages, but this week it only works if i delete all the packages…which is unfortunately not very practical.
has there been a solution to this that you know of?
thanks- Alex

Edit: I managed to always make it work by first opening an empty new project and starting dynamo then closing dynamo, then open my main project (so you have two open projects). Dynamo should then work.
I also think that the background visibility in Dynamo could be turned off, and somehow BiMorph nodes interfere with this all. Not sure why though.

1 Like