DynaMap crash

Hi,

I am using Revit 2022 with the latest updated Dynamo. I installed the DynaMap Package through the package manager. Everytime I am trying to start DynaMap through View, It is crashing and shutting down both Dynamo and Revit together. I even tried it with Revit 2019 and the same happened. Please help!

1 Like

Check if you have a conflicting add-in or a missing update in Revit that is leading to some instability (these will show up in the notifications in Dynamo - the green ! At the top of the window).

If not, confirm that all packages are on the local disk, and unblocked and move if needed.

Once everything is local and unblocked if the issue persists uninstall all packages but DynaMap to see if one of them is causing the issue.

If the issue still persists post your Dynamo log and Revit journal.

Hi, I am having the same issue and I have tried all the troubleshooting suggested (except for confirming packages are on local disk and unblocking as I am not 100% sure what this means sorry) but still seem to be getting the same issue. I have attached my Dynamo Log File in the hopes that might help.

dynamoLog_f1b9e637-77dd-423b-9a4c-fe29f903c9c6.txt (7.0 KB)

Revit Journal? You are loading some (if not all?) packages from a network location which could be causing the issue. Move all packages to the C drive and remove references to this network path in your dynamo settings: P:\Stockport\NPD\Tech\BIM\Dynamo\Dynamo Nodes\2022

I have moved it now onto the C drive and removed the link but still getting errors on the log of it looking for stuff on a network drive. Sorry I am a bit out of my depth when coming to trouble shooting these files now but I have attached the journal and the Dynamo Log file. Thank you by the way for the help already!

dynamoLog_388823fe-4d78-4e28-a8d6-dd0d98a5aaf9.txt (7.0 KB)

journal.0028.txt (239.6 KB)

1 Like

Are there any updates on this topic. I seem to be having the same issue.

Have the same problem here!
Tried uninstalling all other packages in dynamo and still crashes. I don’t get no error reports or nothing revit just shuts down.
Tried with Revit 22 and 23

For me DynaMaps only works on Revit 2019, haven’t tested it on Revit 2020 though.

Also, some online GIS resources are way easier & less heavy to use instead of using DynaMaps, I actually don’t recommend using this package.

1 Like