Revision Tracking for Revit Sheets

Maybe we need @Andreas_Dieckmann to help? If I don’t get the error it’s hard for me to replicate… I copied out the python, maybe this helps?..

@Mark.Ackerley Could you help me apply this “X” to all sheets? in the meantime I could use that.

Thank you so much!
https://forum.dynamobim.com/uploads/short-url/tdvmjCdfBWEtgdKGzZAiNSvLRpG.png

Like in Post 7? :slight_smile:

Yes, Like in post 7

Could you explain how what you would like is different? :slight_smile:

The Graph runs and assigns X values to only the first sheet. I have more than 100 sheets :frowning:

Odd, it works for me…

revision tracking-MKA-cut.dyn (9.4 KB)

I dont know what I did wrong before, but it works now! Thank you for everything!!!

If @Andreas_Dieckmann helps me with the issue in the Graph with the Python that would be great! but you just helped me tremendously! Thank you sir!

1 Like

No worries, it would be great if you could report back to see how this got on… if you don’t get issues once you’re into a few hundred revisions I’d probably implement it here…

1 Like

Shoot, an issue would be when I remove a Revision from a Sheet, then I run the Graph, and the Values in the ISSUE parameters stay with the last X

Perhaps this way is a decent alternative?

Would you mind sharing the .dyn file? I wouldnt want to add something wrong :s

Sure…

revision tracking-cut2.dyn (32.6 KB)

I was just looking at the reset, you’ll need to plug it into the rest…

2 Likes

I tried to add it to the existing graph, its giving me an error
here is the .dyn
Revision Tracking_TEST 6.dyn (41.6 KB)

I feel we are soo close!

@Mark.Ackerley I could not have a program that runs both commands at the same time. So I created (2) individual dynamo Graphics that will update my schedules. It is one extra step (Reset Values) before I apply the new values.

I think for now this will be it. If someone else gets to improve this, please let me know!

Thanks for all the help!

4 Likes

@JCoronado Is it possible you could share the final scripts for these?

3 Likes

@JCoronado Is it possible to get your scripts to test?

Thank you.

@JCoronado could you share the script to test please?

@fran.lynch, sorry it took me some time to get back to you. Here are two graphs that I use, one will reset the values and the second one will apply the values. Values are dots or anything you want. I didnt go further than this. If you improve it, let me know.
Step 1 - Reset Values.dyn (23.8 KB)
Step 2 - Apply Values.dyn (21.3 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing these, downloaded them today and they worked great!