Revision Clouds not issued and their position in views

Hi there!

Since I couldn’t find in Revit one way of selecting and identifying the Revision Clouds position in all the views, I tried to develop this Script (with the help of various Packages like LunchBox and Clockwork).
The idea behind it is to identify all not Issued Revision Clouds and then filter/list them according to the Text inside of the Comments Parameter. Then make a combined List with this Revision Clouds and their “Position” inside of the Revit File (Plans, Floors, Sections, etc.). In the end, this List would be exported to Excel (work in Progress).

After playing a bit around I found a way to do it, but I still got an issue. The “String.contains” Node selects the filtered words, as well as individual letters. In the attached example (170820 Revision Clouds (Zoomed)) you will see in the Index 2 the selected text that contains the letter “C” (for “Ceiling”), although the objective is to filter the word “JC”. Did I miss use the Node? Is there a way to fix this issue? What am I doing wrong here?

This is the third Script that I am trying to develop for my office, so I am still grasping the potential of DynamoBim.
I would appreciate some comments, opinions and suggestions to improve it.
Thank you!

Cheers,
JFK

hi, can u pls upload the revit and the dyn file?

Hi @Fiesta. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to post it through the day but now here it is.
Btw the Script is changed (added some options), but nothing that changes its function.

170816 Änderungswolken Test 2017.rvt (1.1 MB)
170821 Revision Clouds - Selection by Properties and Parameter Name.dyn (38.0 KB)

It’s not too hard to filter the Revisions by Issued/Not. I found it easier to get some of the info from the tags though. But you should be able to do it with the clouds too.

@Nick_Boyts thank you for your answer! The Script should also let the user chooses between Issued, Date and the Description, hence the Revision Properties Node.
I am still struggling with the Comments Strings selection though.

Cheers!

Ok I think the question is solved. As far as I understood, the String.Contains from Archi-lab_Grimshaw gets all the Letters from the String. The Default Dynamo Node worked better for me on this specific situation.
Solved edited

The final Script will be updloaded as soon as possible :slight_smile:
Thanks for the Inputs!

1 Like

Here is the final Script as promised.
170822 Revision Clouds - Selection by Properties and Parameter Name (to Publish).dyn (25.1 KB)

I hope it turns out useful.