Returning Lists by Logic Operators

Hi all,

I’m trying to ensure my .dyn is bulletproof for adding Project Parameters to a Project through an Excel workbook, to both check and then only add any missing Project Parameters.

I’m having trouble using the RemoveListFromList node (I have no idea how to code with Python) where I need to set the bigger list as List A and the smaller list as List B.

Will work with any Revit file, I’ve included the .xlsx and .dyn with this.

ParametersFile.xlsx (8.4 KB)
CreateProjectParameters_byReadFile.dyn (31.1 KB)

Revit 2016, Dynamo 1.3.1, Bumblebee, Grimshaw, Mandrill, Clockwork, DynamoMEP, Dynaworks17, KOP, Lunchbox, Rhythm, SteamNodes.

What part are you having trouble with exactly? I assume you’re taking your list of All Parameters and removing the list of Existing Parameters to leave you with a list of Needed Parameters. RemoveListFromList should be pretty straight forward with a flattened list.

From the looks of your graph you already have a filtered list of Needed Parameters.

List A always needs to be bigger than List B for the Node to work, and the current graph doesn’t always allow for that, depending on the number of Project Parameters already in the target Project.

This is the reason I’ve tried to include the “Logic to List Box” Nodes.

What lists are you trying to compare? Shouldn’t it be the list of Existing Parameters removed from the list of All Parameters?

The inputs are: the list of the existing parameters and, the list of parameters to be created which aren’t already in the project.

I see what you’re saying now. You’re comparing it with all parameters in the project, not just the ones from your list.

Yeah, to make sure I catch any missing parameter fields I need in the model for COBie - or similar.

So just check your list of current project parameters with all the required parameters. Then you can get a list of the required parameters you already have and the ones you already need.

Thanks Nick, wouldn’t have thought of that work around,

I’ll try that and report back.

Nick - that worked great. Thanks!

Simplified the whole .dyn too.

ParametersFile.xlsx (8.4 KB)
CreateProjectParameters_byReadFile.dyn (18.3 KB)