Retrieve information (from room - to room) from doors

Hi,

I’m currently working on creating a script to automate door tagging by retrieving information from the Room Calculation Point of my doors. Specifically, I’m trying to extract the ‘To Room’ value from the RCP and incorporate it into the door mark. However, I’m encountering difficulties in accessing this information.

I’ve tried various methods, but none seem to be effective. I know that the ‘To Room’ value can be accessed through the doors schedule, so I’m confident that there must be a way to retrieve it.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could assist me with this issue or provide guidance on how to access the ‘To Room’ value.

Thank you in advance for your help.

The clockwork package has an example of this in Python, which i believes works fine in CPython as well. Likely you’re asking the room calculation point but you really want to be asking the door instance for it’s ToRoom or FromRoom property, or for non-to/from room categories just the room property.

Okay, I’m feeling a bit lost at the moment.

From what I understand, the easiest solution would be to utilize the Clockwork package, correct? However, if I need to retrieve information such as the ‘From Room’ or ‘To Room’, would I need to script it using C#, Visual Basic, or C++?

Clockwork or a similar package is fastest. It will return the ToRoom and FromRoom values for you once things are setup correctly.

You can also use Python (shown in Clockwork) in a Python node, or C# in a Zero Touch node. :slight_smile:

1 Like