Report volumes

Good morning, I am starting with dynamo, does anyone know if it is possible to extract volumes of solids already created for example cut and fill or earthworks of linear works and generate a report in excel?

Hi ! Yes definitely you can. You can even use Dynamo to create the solids using Civil 3D Toolkit package.

4 Likes

Thanks!!

I have a problema with the surface extensions nodes, always i get the same warning, how can i fix it, i wouldn’t move to next version, i used civil 3d 2021, help

Hi
The node needs a path to an external file
Change the node used in the reply to

As the error message is written

i have the same problem, the node tinsuface extension is the start of the problem

What is the error message?
Possible geometric reason? make it big

The message is the following: Warning:TinSurface Extensions.CreateSolidsAtSurface failed. Method not found: “Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.ObjectIdCollection Autodesk.Civil.DatabaseServices.TinSurface.CreateSolidsAtSurfaceToFile(Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.ObjectId, System.String, UInt16, System.String ByRef)”
all nodes related to tinsurfaceextension gave me that warning, i don’t know why, and i wouldn’t change the version of civil 3d, i am using civil 3d 2021

Hi @jjvegam,

You need to upgrade to at least Civil 3D 2021.1 for this node to work because that is when the methods for creating solids from TIN surfaces were added to the API.

1 Like