Report Coordinates of the Project Base Point from a Link File

hi everyone, any one know how to report coordinates of the Project Base Point from linked files ? I got it closed using Orchid Node (Location.Getpoint) but it only report the Start Up point Coordinates ?

Many thanks.

If you want the N/S and E/W coordinates of the link’s internal Project Base Point then you can just get them like any other parameter value - get the PBP from the link and return the specified values.

If you want the link’s relative coordinates within the active model then you’ll need to calculate the difference between the current PBP and the linked PBP plus the link’s location in the model.

Thanks Nick. I already get the linked PBP, my problem is to get the n/s and e/w of these linked PBP ( i have more than 100 linked PBP :). Can you show me how you would get these x,y,z values of a linked PBP ?

Orchid Location.GetProjectPosition works great to get the angle and Z values, but X and Y values are calculated from the Start Up point, not the Project Based Point !

That’s where you can do a little math to work backwards. You just need to take into account where the link instance is placed within the model as well as where the PBP is located within the link. There should be more than a handful of other threads here in the forums that help cover the specifics of this. Try using them as a guide first, and then come back here with any specific questions or issues you run into.

The GeniusLoci node Get Project Locations will get all these values directly from the document and make things a little easier.

Hi, I tried to get all site locations in the same Revit file by Python script and by the Get project locations node
but notice that the coordinates from the Get project locations node match with the Revit file and from the Python code only the angle match the real point in Revit and other do not match
can you help with this Issue

the second issue I can not find the orchid package in the dynamo package to try Location.Get point