Replace all assembly codes of all loaded families from excel

Hi there,

I am trying to replace all the assembly code parameters of all the loaded families in our template. We have already a lot of them loaded, so to replace that one parameter hitting type properties and selecting it from the assembly code list one by one would be a huge task.

I thought I could export all the assembly codes of all the family types to excel, replace them there and load it back, why not. So I made that export node, I replaced the parameters in excel, so far so good, until that very last part loading them back that is. I’m stuck at the point as seen on the capture image below. Can someone help? It would be much appreciated.

What’s the error message say?

In FamilyType.ByFamilyAndName it says Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching. Couldn’t find a version of ByFamilyAndName that takes arguments of type (__array,__array)

In Element.setParameterByName: Warning: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer. (3f47aacd)

You want to be using FamilyType.ByFamilyNameAndTypeName, not ByFamilyAndName, as that requires you to use the Family element, not a string.

Also, be careful about the leading spaces in your strings. Unless your families all have a space infront of their name, you will want to remove it. And just for cleaner scripts, why not use all 3 GetItemAtIndex after a single transpose?

1 Like

Thanks a lot man, it works!