Reorganising sheets by name in dynamo list

Hi!

Long time listener, first time caller. I’m hoping this is an easy one, and it’s just a problem with my headspace…

I’m wonder how I would go about reorganising a list of views, based on one of the parameters of those views.

Here’s what I know:

I can pull the names out of the views, and then organise that list easy,
But what I would like is to then to reorganise the original list (of views rather than names) to match that same reorganisation. I’m assuming there’ll be a node for something, but I can’t for the life of me figure that out…

Basically, I have a script that looks at the levels in a project, sets up sheets and names them accordingly then places the appropriate plan on its associated sheet. It’s worked great in a few projects, but I’ve realised that it collects the views by order of their element ID. That was fine when we’d sequentially added the levels in order, but when we’ve added a new level in the middle at some point, that comes in at the bottom of the list, and all my views end up on the wrong sheets.

Can anyone shed some light for me?

Sounds like you are looking for the nodes called “sort by function” or “sort by key” .

2 Likes

Exactly! Amazing. So simple. Thanks a lot.