Renumber views in Revit - can't find the springs.element node

I came across this thread and this article . That uses a Springs.Element node.

But when trying to “plagiarize” the code I can’t even find that node. On the picture it looks like it is one of the custom nodes.

Is there a different way to accomplish the same, or a way to find the nodes required? Or would someone be able to post the dyn file?

Hi @enkus,
Looks like it has been renamed.

Thanks. I realized I have to install the “spring nodes” package and I found the “SelectElementsInOrder” node. Will try to re-create. I’m sure I will come back with another noob question :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in need to find more of the nodes. the article also refers to a “clockwork” package. I only could find one for dynamo 2.0. I found about half the nodes. what I’m still missing is:

• Get built In Parameter
  • Set Built in Parameter
  • Passthrough
  • Springs.Number.ToString (I found a node called Number.toString, but that has 2 inputs, and not one)

Seems like I’m too stupid to copy someone else’s work :slight_smile:

Viewnumbers.dyn (22.2 KB)

Time for me to look at this again.

I came across this method and try to re-create it. It seems some packages are outdated and have new node names. I installed the clockwork, rhythm and packages (there seem to be two spring packages).

The above example uses node that is called “Springs.SelectElements(ordered)” and I found one that seems similar. But I have a hard time finding one that mirrors the “Set Builtin Parameter”.

Could someone tell me what package may contain a node like the ones need?

sorry, I’m a noob and just copying someone else’s homework isn’t as easy as it sounds :slight_smile:

Viewnumbers.dyn (21.0 KB)

I believe set built-in parameter is from archilab

Thanks, I think Archi-lab is correct. but I have a problem that I was able to use archilab, but dynamo removed it from the add-ons. i also noticed the archi-lag dll is called “2021”, so I’m not sure if it is outdated.

Before dynamo decided to remove arhilab, I was actually able to select views, and it some how renamed them a bit on its won. which I didn’t expect.

when i opened my file i also go he outdated python error.

It looks like I’m on the right path, but I’m struggling with the packages. Like i have the “Lunchbox” installed, but it doesn’t show up (it is in the packages folder)

Edit: and I’m using the Dynamo editor right out of Revit 2022. I know there is a core editor or something. I’m not sure what the difference is or if one is better.

so i think i got Archilab installed after I found this thread.

Apparently the file name doesn’t really declare what Revit version it is for, at least not in a way that makes sense to me.

But whatever the new version is, it doesn’t seem to have the nodes the old one had.

Is there a package that works for this for Revit 2022?

I didn’t realize dynamo is so finicky about new versions and it looks like for every new Revit version one has to hope all the packages also update without losing old nodes.