Removing parameters in document (Orchid)

danedu
orchid

So i’m trying to open a family document, remove some parameters and then close and save the document. For some reason parameters are only being removed from 1 document instead of 2 and the file is not saving (because the remove parameter node is getting null for some reason)

Can someone help me fix my script ?

please upload you graph file and a sample family, so I can check it.

Here are the two families and the .dyn file i used.

_PIA_UN_Pomp_CB_BMG_test - kopie.rfa (2.2 MB)
_PIA_UN_Pomp_CB_BMG_test.rfa (2.2 MB)

SimpleTest.dyn (15.8 KB)

Thanks a lot for this feedback, this error was very important for me to get. I could of course have found it by myself, but I became apparently too lazy testing all cases.

The error as such is transaction as it writes. The error is a consequence of the discussion in this post.

Here @Konrad_K_Sobon and I argued about the transaction manager. After this discussion did I revise all my transactions in my entire package and tried to follow how it is meant to be used inside Dynamo. However, I did clearly not test my revised code in-depth.
Most important… it is my failure and not @Konrad_K_Sobon, I just didn’t think deeply enough how I had implemented the transactionmanager and why code was made as it was before my revisions.

I need to revise once again all the transactions I have. The first thing I need to do is to roll back the usage of the transaction manager to the sate before the discussion, and then upload that so you and others can continue.

I am so sorry for your inconvenience.

The Orchid package is updated --> current version is now 130.3.0.6796 and 200.3.0.6796
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/erfajo/OrchidForDynamo/master/OrchidForDynamo.exe

Adding multiple Family types paramaters to multiple family files

Thank you for the quick reaction and the package update!

You have your hands full making nodes we use. So I understand that u cannot always test every node on every issue. I use a lot of the nodes so I’m glad I could be of a little help.