Remove parameters from families in a directory

I have been reading on this post:

the problem is i don’t know what parameters exist in the families…i have a complete list of possible parameters.
So i need to read the parameters of the family then check with the list do a boolean check before i feed it into the deleteparameter node.

but how?

@Arno_De_Lange

maybe a dictionary can help you

what do you mean…don’t follow…doesn’t ring a bell

A dictionary stores a key, and returns its corresponding value if called
So, if parameter exists, return Yes

the problem is more…how do i get the parameters of the opend document

Hi @Arno_De_Lange,

Maybe @erfajo author of the Orchid package (former DanEDU) can help you with this one.
https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/orchid-package-updated-major-update/22671?u=mjb-online

Kind regards,
Mark

Erfajo,

thank you for responding…there are more things in live then Dynamo and Revit…hopefully you can enjoy your terrace soon and work on it with a cold beer.

i am not sure what you mean with a default family type…what is a default family…you mean a family just out of the basic directory…i do have a family that is adjusted added parameters and object styles…so that gives problems…?

Try this logic:

1. load your family document in an empty project.
  2. insert family types node in dynamo
  3. select the family type
  4. insert “All elements of family type”
  5. Insert “Element.Parameters” node to see the possible list of family parameters that your family document has.

check for the parameter list that you have by using “Element.Parameter.exists” node by passing the list and getting the true or false as outputs.