Remove URL parameter from families

Hi fellas!

Does anyone here got an idea how you could proceed to remove URL links from selected loaded families or perhaps all families in a project?

Thanks in advance

Since it‘s a system parameter it can‘t be removed. You could only set the parameter values to nothing (haven’t tried but an empty string should work).

When I use “Element.SetParameterByName” I get:
“Warning no parameter found by that name”. ParameterName is connected to a code block with “URL”

Please, share your graph and there is higher chance someone to help you.
I have very poor guess that you are feeding the element and you need to feed the element type to change that parameter , because the URL is Family Type parameter, not Family Instance parameter.

Probably best if you post your graph here. Bear in mind that URL is a type parameter so you‘ll need to pass element types to the SetParameter node.

This got it working (using Rhytm ByNameTypeOrInstance).
But how can I select ALL families in the project?

Alright, pretty much got it working now. It finds the objects in a 3D-view.
Although it seems to freeze or take a bunch of time everytime I use it in our project (around 128 mb file size).
Also, it would be neat to find a way to select all loaded families but I really can’t find a way to accomplish that. Now we have to make sure everything is placed in a 3D view.

Hi @Marcus_Isacsson,

It’s Like @Petar_Penchev1 and @Andreas_Dieckmann mentioned you first need the FamilyType of the Instances.
Rhythm and Archi-lab_Grimshaw have a node for that.

In this way you’re not restricted to use the ActiveView node.

Kind regards,
Mark

1 Like

Alright, do you know a package that includes a node that selects all categories? (instead of just generic models for instance). Quite bothersome to create a list that includes each and every category in the project.

Searching the forum wil give you some results :wink:
For instance:
https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/how-to-select-elements-by-multiple-categories/17341/3

Well, coding with python scripts isn’t really my cup of tea yet :)…

Hi @Marcus_Isacsson,

If you are looking for a simple multi-category filter (without Python), you could try the below workflow.
But you have to know exactly what categories you are looking for.

Kind regards,
Mark

1 Like

is there any way to keep parameter value null for all mechanical family .

Hi @shrawanram,

I gues the ''LENGTH" and “HEIGHT” parameters expect a number input, so you can’t feed it with a (empty) string value. As an alternative “{0,0};” input would set these parameters to “0”.

Kind regards,
Mark

Hello,

Would someone have a dynamo file that would delete the value in the URL paramater ? (By that I mean just put nothing).

Thank you for your answers :slight_smile:

Element.SetParameterValueByName node.

Feed in the list of elements, the name of the url parameter, and an empty string value.

What if the elements are all the elements of the project ?

Then it’s no different. However I doubt your URLs are instance parameters so you’d be working with element types not instances. At least they shouldn’t have been instance parameters… double check that.

I am a complete begineer in Dynamo, and don’t know the difference between elements and instances.