Released of AECTech's Dynamo Package!

Hello to all dynamo-ers,

@JUNHAN.LOH and I had released our first AECTech dynamo package! Our main focus on developing this dynamo package is to introduce computer vision into the dynamo environment! So while developing some computer vision nodes, we had also included some other handy nodes which include, excel data visualization, AutoCAD interop, excel, and many more!!

At the same time, we had also released some package guide which can found in this link!

Due to the package size, we had decided to use our own installer and not upload it to the dynamo package manager. To download the AECTech Dynamo package installer, simply click this link, and enter your name and email and click download! By doing so, you will be notified instantly when a newer version of the AECTech dynamo package is available!

Well, of course, this package is a work in progress (WIP) package, WHICH MEANS, any feedbacks or functions or even suggestion to include new technologies (like the computer vision) is welcomed and we will do our best to incorporate it into our existing dynamo package!

Thank you for your time, and we hope you will have a great time playing with our nodes!

11 Likes

Great job @stillgotme @JUNHAN.LOH :clap:

1 Like

Hello all dynamo-ers, it has been almost a year since our last update on Aectech’s dynamo package, and we are excited to present to you the new and improved release!!! Some of the highlights included in this release are,

1. Reading and writing to MongoDB
  2. New and improved STF import
  3. Revit element collectors (collector on steroids!!)

We also included a view extension tap that contains all available samples and as well as configuring MongoDB connection.

We also migrated our installer file to Github to allow better package management as we had received multiple feedbacks on our previous link. All basic information about the package can also be found in that Github Repo.

Hope you guys enjoy playing our nodes and any improvements/feedback is welcome.

P.S.
Need any help and ideas to develop your own custom solutions? Checkout our official website and our blog site for more information.

3 Likes

Since we had been receiving some feedback on how to use the mongoDB function in our package, here is a link to how to use it to connect to your existing mongoDB client.

I was excited until I read the part about not using the package manager.
I know that the package manager is not perfect but for me it’s a show stopper.
I won’t go through the trouble of going to a different site and having my customer do the same thing.
Sadly this will go in my abyss like Lunchbox and Orchid

Good luck though

4 Likes

Hi Daniel…think Bimorph is on the package manager

1 Like

Hello @Daniel_Hurtubise, we understand your frustration and in fact, we wanted to upload it to the package manager as well, as it is much more convenient for us as well (do not need to maintain a separate set of code for the installer).

However, as mentioned in the earlier post, due to the Computer Vision package dependencies, the size of our package is close to 150MB per version which is not ideal for both the user and the package manager. Hence, our own installer, which we could reduce the number of duplicates .dll and hence reduce the overall size of our package to less than 20MB per dynamo version release.

If you have any idea on how we could solve this issue, we can definitely discuss it. And if it could be solved, we will definitely upload to the package manager

If you have any idea on how we could solve this issue, we can definitely discuss it. And if it could be solved, we will definitely upload to the package manager

Happy to discuss some of the specifics if you’d like to dm me.

5 Likes

As a humble Dynamo idiot I would like to make a request on behalf of other humble dynamo idiots that package creators would consider at least giving us the dumbed-down, TL;DR Dynamo Package Manager version of their code.

In some cases we really really really want to use your package but we just can’t because we have to justify the installation to an IT Administrator using this forum post. Or we’re just frankly too dumb and lazy to be bothered with figuring it out on GitHub. In my case both.

In others it just isn’t practical to keep up with the evolution happening on GitHub while also distributing Dynamo solutions to the rest of the team. The more convoluted the process of upkeep for new users, the less likely they are to adopt it. The harder it is to copy my Dynamo setup on a coworker’s computer, the less likely it is to be copied.

I would bet that the Dynamo Team has a clever solution for deploying this on the PM.

This is not to take away from the work you have done. On the contrary, I’m just trying to manipulate you into using the PM.

Is the package still available? It’s giving me an error and I can’t download it. How could I do?

Is the latest version working with Revit 2023?

In my case it didn’t work. Did not work. Waiting for answers.

@zachyTUTWP @cintiamiranda21 @giacomoamico Hello all, we have just migrated the computer vision section of our package into the package manager.

We will do our best to upload the rest of the part into the package manager as well :slight_smile:

The AECTech - Compute Vision repo can be found here.

As soon as the rest is done, it will also be uploaded to the package manager. Thank you all for the wait and patience. Meanwhile, if there is any other request, feel free to drop us a PM or submit an issue on the respective github repo,

3 Likes

You rule! Stoked to try this! Thank you!

Hello all, we have just migrated the MongoDB section of our package into the package manager.

We will do our best to upload the rest of the part into the package manager as well :slight_smile:

The AECTech - MongoDB repo can be found here.

As soon as the rest is done, it will also be uploaded to the package manager. Thank you all for the wait and patience. Meanwhile, if there is any other request, feel free to drop us a PM or submit an issue on the respective github repo.

3 Likes

Wow… sensational. Thanks for that