Release 0.9 Bug?

Hello everyone, I’m working on modelling MEP elements in a 14km tunnel. I’m using a very complex and big Dynamo definition to take points from an Excel file with alignment and then put in Revit all necessary elements as adaptive components. I’m working on it for a few months and it has worked perfectly until last dynamo release 0.9. Now I’ve big problems with stability. Sometimes the file doesn’t work. I click “RUN”, he starts, the pointer become a wait cursor, beside RUN appears “Run started” as usual… but after few minutes (or hours) the cursor become again normal but Dynamo probably doesn’t finish because he writes again “Run started”. I can browse on dynamo and see results but in some bizarre way… Dynamo004

x must be a finite number.
Parameter name: x

at Autodesk.Revit.DB.XYZ…ctor(Double x, Double y, Double z)
at Revit.GeometryConversion.GeometryPrimitiveConverter.ToXyz(Point pt, Boolean convertUnits)
at Dynamo.Applications.ViewModel.RevitWatch3DViewModel.RevitGeometryObjectFromGraphicItem(IGraphicItem item, List1& geoms)</code> <code> at Dynamo.Applications.ViewModel.RevitWatch3DViewModel.Draw(NodeModel node)</code> <code> at System.EventHandler1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
at Dynamo.Models.DynamoModel.OnEvaluationCompleted(Object sender, EvaluationCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
at Dynamo.Graph.Workspaces.HomeWorkspaceModel.OnEvaluationCompleted(EvaluationCompletedEventArgs e)
at Dynamo.Models.DynamoModel.RunCancelImpl(RunCancelCommand command)
at Dynamo.Models.DynamoModel.ExecuteCommand(RecordableCommand command)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

It might help you to have some helps from the clever guys, to subdivide the aroused problem into smaller pieces.

Looks like one of your points is beyond Revit’s geometry limits. Try to run your script only on part of the tunnel.

going with dimitars assumption i would move the project basepoint to the tunnel center. after that the max distance should be within revit’s max range.

in the example i am creating a minimum from an excel input, converting that to a revit point and then modify the project basepoint

Thanks to all.

I previously moved the alignment near project base point.

I tried also to run only a part of definition, for example only one cable tray for 3 km.

I tried copying in a code block all points of excel file.

I tried to re-install Dynamo and install Dynamo 0.9.1

…But nothing!

I don’t understand why this issue appeared only after 0.9

I can try installing 0.8 or 0.7

Is it possible that the file is corrupted?

In the following link you can find the video with some details. It’s updated in Screencast.

Seems like the file is corrupt. It seems to be throwing up null results for simple code blocks which should work

20160205-1

Also odd that the Watch node displays the results properly, but null for the code block from which it is derived.

Exactly Vikram,

Something doesn’t work properly. So is it possible that the file is corrupted? There is a way to solve it? I have to create a new file with the same nodes?

I tried also to copy and paste all nodes in a new empty file.

I can only offer suggestions that involve trial and error.

Try running parts of code (by deleting some code/nodes or pasting them in a fresh file) in an attempt to identify the problem.

For an informed and technical resolution it might be good to report the issue here (assuming you haven’t already done so)

Thanks Vikram,

I’ve already run parts of code by deleting some nodes, but sometimes it works sometimes not without criteria.

NOW I SOLVE IT by installing Dynamo 0.8.2

It’s crazy! The old version works perfectly! I don’t understand. I’ve to notify this to developers.

Thank to all

Is there a .sat export node in this graph?

No @Michael, there isn’t.

I just have an Excel.WriteToFile but it’s un-linked.

Why?