Read Column data from Excel

HI, I HAVE TRIED TO DO THIS, BUT I FAILED. I NEED TO TAKE AN EXCEL FILE IN WHICH I HAVE A COLUMNS DATA. BUT I FAILED TO FIND A WAY TO GET THIS DATA TABLE TO THE DYNAMO AND LOAD IT TO THE REVIT

I HAVE THESE ITEMS

I HAVE 1000 ITEMS

COULD HELP ME

If what you are looking for is reading in Dynamo those values, here it is.

I try to create structural columns with this information

@isauro_vb share your first attempt and see where you are. Thanks

1 Like

Hello thank you for the interest, let me in greater detail my exercise.

I received a work in which I have to perform the modeling of a spacecraft structural, such vessel contains more than a thousand columns.

The information that I have is:

Photo 1.- you show a table that indicates the position of the columns with reference to the axles and coordinates.

Photo 2.- commented on in the post is a plot of column that generates the REVIT (I HAVE ONLY PDF not counting with the REVIT)

Photo 3.- plant view of a section of the vessel in which you can see the location of the piles basis for the columns and are indicated by the coordinates.

Photo 4 - Also a plant view in which similarly is the same section of the ship in which shows the nomenclature of the girders and not the one of the columns.

Photo5.-seeing some tutorials in which is shown as extract data from REVIT WITH DYNAMO and send them to a sheet d Excel will perform some tests to extract data from other element0os that were not columns and achieve it.

Photo6.- Here is where comes the detail, perform the test to extract data from a column and went well but at the time of change in Excel to make modifications will be loaded with the dynamo and implemented in the Revit sent me this error.

Warning: Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.
The parameter is read-only.
Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.
Element.SetParameterByName operation failed.

Excel file.- In this file I extracted the data from the picture 1 and 2 (Not Completed), only brings few full items. This Excel generates it I is not the one that generates REVIT.

Taking as a basis the foregoing commented, the parameters of the columns in which I am interested in modified from the excel are:

Column Location Mark
Base Level
Top Level
Base Offset
Top Offset
Type

In advance I thank your interest and support.
A great greeting.
Isauro

@isauro_vb

It works with some limitations:

1. Creating the Types of Columns you need beforehand in the Revit file (Matching names withe excel).
  2. You place them all at the same level (In this case from Level 0 to Level 1 - more work needed here)

Get rid of the parenthesis would be easier in excel, but I have done it in Dynamo.

It is not perfect but hope it helps.

Cheers

1 Like

thank you very much - Muchas Gracias