Re-run script option until you press "stop/false" in DynamoPlayer?

Hey guys,

I found and modified a Dynamo script where a integer-slider is used to determine the x and y position. The way it works is: You run the script on automatic, so you can see the changes when you move the slider. A boolean set to false makes sure nothing is done in Revit yet. When you’re satisfied with the position, you put the boolean-node to true and the script runs one last time and places the objects.

Is there a way to do this with dynamo player (and maybe DATA-Shapes) ? A node that you can keep running until you change a bool from false to true or something?

gr,
Verdi

One obvious shortcoming… You cannot see what is going on in regards to geometric changes without having the preview shown inside Dynamo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah its too bad. When running it in Dynamo, blue lines and dots appear in the model. They are in the family Generic Models. Its small and doesnt change anything in Revit but it is visible.

Thats why i thought it would work in dynamo player, as long as the node exists to keep the script running on automatic when u apply a change unitl you press some sort of stop button or something.

You might be able to get a for-loop going using a truely insane set of nested loops and a customized UI similar to datashapes, but it would take a lot of work to build and wouldn’t be as flexible as running it directly in Dynamo. Python could help but the geometry preview wouldn’t be triggered if you were still mid-loop. Same issue with custom nodes. If you have a known limit on the number of nested runs it’s more possible as you could just code up the numbers in sequence, waiting for a resulting ‘true’ input to accept the result, but there would be zero flexibility in this.

What is your end goal and use for this? I feel like there are likely better options here.

1 Like

Now, if i run it in dynamo on automatic, when I move the integer slider, you see the geo moving. The end goal is to move the geo untill satisfied with the position and then when satisfied , placing it in Revit with the final run-button.

If the node is not out there already, I’ll leave this script as it is and just use it in Dynamo, because I am not a programmer, so python would be out of the question for me.

Further explination:
The 4 rectangles in the image posted before are sheets. The dots are midpoints of views. (the rectangles are also visible but not in the image) When moving the slider while running Dynamo automatic, you can see the small rectangles with dots(views) move in the big one(sheet). When done with the position and happy with the position of the views , you can press the last run button to place the views in Revit.

gr,

Hello!

This is UNITY from Rick and Morty.
I am very interested in your question, having the same problems as you do.

You mention the script you’ve used, could you please attach it to this conversation?

Greetings from Vienna… or EVERYWHERE hihi

Refinery might be able to accomplish this, allowing you to run the graph to optimize for ‘condition’ and minimizing the input value.