Re Assign Workset as per System Type

Hi Guys,

I have successfully created this for Duct Categories but I’m having some difficulties when applying it for different Pipe System Types.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks and Regards…

Louis

Can you show the warning and enable previews in the nodes?

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks…

So that doesn’t help us much :wink: Now for the previews of the inputs (like the “element.Getparamatervaluebyname” and “list.maximumitembykey”

Jonathan,

I tried playing around using different SetParam nodes but didnt have luck.

Thanks and Regards…

Do your pipe, pipefittings and pipe accessories all have the parameter “Workset”?

A parameter is like “Image” or “Mark” in this image.

Yes, Project/Model is Shared or Workset Enabled.

I have no warning other than the last node. Element.SetParameter…

I would still like to see the previews of the nodes… As the data feeding into “Element.SetPara…” is what is causing the error.

See attached…

Thanks…

AUTO ASSIGN WORKSET PIPE SYTEM.dyn (24.6 KB)

Unfortunately I do not run Dynamo 2.0 so I cannot open your file… but you could simply enable previews like so:

Neither Pipes nor Pipe Fittings have a Parameter named “Workset” at least in my .rvt, you could check this using the Parameter.ParameterByName node.

Here.

Thanks…

So first thing first,

1. You should filter out the empty list originating from your pipe accessories.
  2. Your MEPSystemTypes gives you a null value which will likewise cause an error.
  3. The elements which your are trying to assign a value to does not have a parameter with the name “Workset”.
1 Like

Jonathan,

I will consider the given and see the outcome.

Thanks and Regards…