RayBounce.ByOriginDirection Error

Warning: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer.
Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer.
Null value cannot be cast to Int32

can anyone tell me what is that warning?

Hi @Mariam.EmadLHT4U , I think the reason is the view that you put in, maybe it should be a 3D view. I haven’t used this node before but I have used the RayBounce node from Data-shapes package. And with that node, the view input should be a 3D view. Because they’re similar nodes so maybe they have the same type of the input view.

1 Like

it’s already 3D model

But the typical ceiling view is a two dimensional view, and my recollection is that a 2D view cannot be used for ray bouncing.

what making the error is connecting the output of “Element.GetLocation” to “Origin”

Are you going to bounce that list of points on ceilings, right?

Hi @Mariam.EmadLHT4U is your ceilings on link ? if so then try these here…

yes

the Ceiling are in my Hosted file , not in the Arch. link

@Mariam.EmadLHT4U then you should try the middle node from Data-Shapes package in the Mr.Sovitek’s screenshot. Your inputs will be list of points, the direction, the 3D view, the category (in your case, it is Ceilings) and the ‘BounceOnLinksOnly’ should be a boolean. Set True if you want to bounce only on linked ceilings, set False will bounce on both linked and current ceilings in your current model. And if you want to bounce only on the ceilings in the current model, set False and turn off all the ceilings in the linked files. Hope it helps!

1 Like