Ray bounce is not works properly

hii everyone,
1.the ray bounce is not works properly(Bimorph nodes).i try to get linked elements for ceiling and floor, but i getting only floor linked elements only.

(this image related first question)

2.i try place to lighting rod to attach bottom floor,but it comes to top of the floor.

please help me out.

thanks advance.
align lighing fixtgure.dyn (38.8 KB)
please find attached revit file.

I think the raybounce works as intended, as the ray returns the first object it hits.

You could get the floors thickness and translate the point accordingly.

1 Like

hi martin,
thanks for the reply.what are u trying to say?could you show in the dynamo graph?
thnaks

hii,
kindly help me at least first question.
thanks advance

Hi @thsa2501 lighting is not my forte but i had more luck with raybounce from Data shapes.

Also I modified the origin location of the lighting family for ease of calc, far left is existing family, ones to right of that i set family origin in line with “ref level”, not sure if that’s viable solution in your case?
Cheers KS

1 Like

hii kai,
sorry for the late reply.thank you so much your effort for me.you solved second question.
the first question is why not coming linked elements for ceiling. only appearing floor linked elements
kindly find first post for first question.

Hi @thsa2501 , if you put a Boolean parameter in the biomorphs node find nearest and set it to false I believe it will do multiple points.
The problem I believe still stems from the point location(Family origin point) of your light that i mentioned in my earlier post. It is above the ceiling despite the model geometry being below the ceiling, hence it is picking the floor up first, in hindsight this is probably why it is also picking up the top of the slab also :thinking:

1 Like

Hii Kai,
thank you so much your effort for me.the problem had in the family about reference point.i had changed according to your instruction.it’s coming now for both linked elements(floors and ceilings).
once again lot of thanks.

1 Like