Question: Off Grid-Level of linked file by Dynamo (Multiple files, multiple view templates)

Hi everyone, I have a question:

• My company worked on Bim 360. We use both Workset and Link. We have many of linked files in a project. Such as: MEP, Structure, nearby buildings… Sometimes we Unload them because Arch file change but we have to wait Structure, MEP. Every linked file also have workset themself.
  • We turn off GRID, LEVEL, SOME TAG on V/G of every linked file in every VIEW TEMPLATE (about 7 View Templates per Project). But when it change and reload, we have to turn off it again and again. It’ s too much.
  • How can I solve this problem by DYNAMO? Run Dynamo and then it changes V/G - REVIT LINKS from By Host View to Custom, then Turn off GRID, LEVEL, TAG.
  • Thank you very much for your help !

Note: Arch, Struc, MEP teams are not from one company. We are three different companies and two different countries. Once they update Struc/ MEP file, they send the file to us and we reload linked file. We have to turn off GRID, LEVEL, TAG on V/G of every linked file in every VIEW TEMPLATE again.

I am using this from Quasar Package…

1 Like

Thank you for your help.
It’s better if Arch, MEP, Struc not use same LEVEL, GRID, TAG type name.

If a post solves your problem be sure to make it as a solution. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Level and Grid is OK. But Tag and some other categories is not.

The node i gave you will solve your concern regarding Levels and Grids. For tags, what kind of tag?

Can you show us what you have done so far?

1 Like

Thank you. Just like this:
About Level and Grid, I rename Type name of Level and Grid in Arch file. Then create a filter. But with RVT Link Display Settings, I have to edit every view template. And if Struc/ MEP teams send us new Struc, MEP version; RVT Link Display Settings return to BY HOST VIEW and I have to edit again.