Puting DWG solids on coordinates

Hi everyone,
this is my first project in Dynamo so please be patient with me. I wanted to learn more about Dynamo in general. Can you tell me is it possible to add existing DWG 3D solid on coordinates that I imported from Excel and how can you do it. I couldnt find any solution through this forum so any help is welcomed. I didnt find topic about that so if there is one please direct me to it. Here is screenshot of the problem. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
try the following:

• place that solid in the model (with insertion point preferably to 0,0,0)
  • get the solid geometry with the Object.Geometry node
  • get the solid centroid or insertion coordinates (or use a point created at 0,0,0 if placed there) and use it and the imported points to create vectors (Vector.ByTwoPoints)
  • translate the solid with those vectors (Geometry.Translate (direction)
  • create Acad objects with Object.ByGeometry
1 Like

Thank You very much on these guides.Can You tell me what am I doing wrong because I cant get any of my 3D solids on this coordinates?

ubacivanje KT iz excela.dyn (36.4 KB)

Oh, I tested it, and it seems for some reason the Object.Geometry node is not creating the dynamo representation of the Acad object, it does not work for me either. How complex is the solid? Can you maybe recreate it in Dynamo? That should definitely work.
acad_9TxRvOomCA

Solid is pretty complex.Here is the DWG file of the element but thank you very much on these explanations.
novistup.dwg (1.7 MB)

Oh, okay. Then the easiest way is to create a block from the solids and create block references at the point coordinates.

Thanks a lot,can you just tell me where can I find that PolylineExtension node?

1 Like

Civil3D Toolkit Package.

1 Like

I dont understand what I am doing wrong.Here is the screenshot.

My bad I was not clear. First create a block from the solids in Acad/Civil3D with the desired insertion point .
acad_e5BlUZD7fC
And then you can place that block as blockreference as seen in this screenshot (Document.BlockByName)

Can you check my .dyn file if there is something wrong because I am doing the same thing and it doesnt work?
ubacivanje KT iz excela.dyn (47.0 KB)

For the block references you don’t need to translate anything, the node places the block as
references at the excel coordinates. I only used a polyline to create some insertion points.
ubacivanje KT iz excela (1).dyn (31.6 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much my friend.

1 Like