Publishing cloud model

Goodday.

I was wondering if it is possible to publish a synched revit cloud model to Autodesk Docs?
I used the clockwork node for synching with central model:

Hope someone could help :slight_smile:

Revit 2021 allows you to save a non-workshared model as a new cloud model, but I believe all the publishing methods are still within the Forge APIs.

So with Revit 2022+ i have to call the Forge API with python in Dynamo? is that possible?

I don’t know for sure but probably not? And if it is possible I don’t think it would be recommended for something like this. Are you trying to tack it on to some other automation? What’s the reasoning for wanting to automate a few clicks?

1 Like

@Nick_Boyts,

I want to use it for automatically updating visibility parameters, synching & publishing a model without opening Revit. The updating is based on a database, other code is used to see if the values in the database change. This way it is possible for the client to see live/up-to date information about the 3D-model.

You would still have to open Revit to run Dynamo with the Revit API. Syncing would also have to be done for every local copy of the model for everything to be up to date. If you want to provide “live” data to the client then it would be way easier to setup live-linked models in the first place.

I want to use it for automatically updating visibility parameters, synching & publishing a model without opening Revit. The updating is based on a database,…

Well - start here:
Autodesk Platform Services

This isn’t going to some simple little Dynamo script. You’re going to need t develop an UI/UX for the end user - probably web based. And C# .Net with a heavy dose of JSON and a splash of XML are probably going to be your main ingredients.

I’m on team “do the Dynamo automation, go to Revit home or ACC, and publish from there”.

Too many headaches for the 6 clicks it saves.

That said, if you want to get further into automation with Autodesk Platform Services, this is a good starting point.

1 Like

Normally i would agree, but since it has to be a live model it needs to be updated 24/7 every now and then / intervals ranging from 30 min to a couple of hours. I will dive into clarity since that could maybe help along the way.

In which case Autodesk Platform Services (formerly Forge) is likely your best bet. No Dynamo involved.