Problems using wombat package

hey i am using dynamo coding for house making including walls , windows , doors , floors . For roof im using wombat package . as my house is ready and im gonna place roof over it and for that i install wombat package . Before installing wombat package code is running and walls , windows , doors everything is making but when i install wombat package and run the same code its giving errors. So basically WOMBAT package is giving me errors . What to do

what are these problems that come after installing wombat and how to solve it

My guess as you’re writing code blocks is that wombat use some of the same namespace as other nodes you’re using. This can be solved by specifying the package e.g. You want your functionality from (e.g. ‘‘DSCore.’’)

yes i was using by default revit package

Then the solution would be to specify your preferred method in the code blocks :slight_smile: usually the error message leads you towards the unclear definitions :slight_smile:

actually im not good at coding thats the problem :expressionless: can you specify the solution more , like where should i put what plz

If you supply both a test revit file and your dyn :slight_smile:

yes if u give me your email

Upload it to the forum or provide a Dropbox/weshare/drive link :slight_smile:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_wD_TRBnW6_aTUybjBHTGctdXIzZzNWcThHNjVpZFNpWTJB/view?usp=sharing

Please also include which packages and versions you have on your system

PICTURE%20PACKAGES
but after installing WOMBAT package it gives error

Yea I understand that, and have told you the reason…

In your picture you’ve shown a list of the categories you have available (guess not a lot apart from Archi-lab, Springs and Rhythm)…
Can’t promise a complete solution without you providing the versions you have on your system as well…

And the fact that you’re in Revit 2019 and Dynamo 1.3.3 might be relevant as well :wink:

1 Like

versions of packages ??

Might I ask if you’ve read the dynamo primer, and if you, yourself, made the graph you have issues with?

with these packages still everything going well but when i install WOMBAT , errors come

this is kinda group work and the code u see for external and internal walls was made bz another friend , i prefer nodes as i am not good with coding

YES I UNDERSTAND THAT! You have written the same thing multible times now…

A tip for next time you upload a picture to the forum is to use the camera icon… .that way you can actually see the nodes…

This should be your first clue when finding bugs in your code:

You can see the use of these namespaces in the wombat package:

See your issue codeblock below after changing the namespace of all “List.” to “DSCore.List” and all “Wall.” to Revit.Elements.Wall." (It is easier to use the Notepad++ to find and replace than doing it manually in a codeblock that size :wink: )

a=String.Length(H1);
b;
// Wall type;
c;
// ground floor coordinates;
d;
//First floor cooordinates;
L1;
// Level 1;
L2;
//level2
g;
// ground floor height;
h;
// first floor height;
FL_G;
//floor type;
FL_O;
//1st floor type
e;
//first floor coordinates

//Below are all floors of all house types

EG=Floor.ByOutlineTypeAndLevel(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(c,0..3),FL_G,L1);
F=[Imperative]
{
if(a==11)
{
return= Floor.ByOutlineTypeAndLevel(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(e,0..3),FL_O,L2);
}
if(a==10)
{
return="";
}
else
{
return=Floor.ByOutlineTypeAndLevel(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(d,0..3),FL_O,L2);
}
};
//Ground floor exterior walls
Ext_EG=Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(c,0..3),g,L1,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,0));
//ground floor interior walls
i=[Imperative]
{
if(a==10)// interior walls of both floors, if the house type is banglow
{
return=Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(c,4..12),g,L1,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,1));

}
if(a==11)//interior walls of both floors ,if the house type is Flair 110,113
{
return={Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(c,{4,5,6}),g,L1,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,1)),Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(c,{7,8}),g,L1,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,3))};
}
else //interior walls of both floors,if the house type is Flair 152RE
{
return={Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(c,{4,5,6,7}),g,L1,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,1)),Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(c,{8,9}),g,L1,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,3))};
}
};

//first floor exterior
Ext_OG=Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(d,0..3),h,L2,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,0));

//First floor interior

j=[Imperative]
{

if(a==11)
{
return ={Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(d,{4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11}),h,L2,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,2)),Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(d,{12,13}),h,L2,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,1))};
}

else
{

return={Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(d,{4}),h,L2,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,0)),Revit.Elements.Wall.ByCurveAndHeight(DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(d,{5..10}),h,L2,DSCore.List.GetItemAtIndex(b,1))};
}
};

dynamo.dyn (253.7 KB)

1 Like

actually its a very big code and camera icon would capture whole code , and i was specifying and was gonna show this specific icon just