Problem with export from Revit to Excel

Hi everyone,
I’m a new user and I need some help with export from Revit to Excel. I watch some tutorials, and I have the problem with Excel’s rows.

Could you please write the steps regarding my problem that I can write the datas to the exact rows of my Excel-Template.

Thank you so much, have a nice day…

Can you show the preview for your two final input nodes (List.AddItemToFront and List.Transpose)? Also, if the excel file already exists make sure you have overWrite set to True.

Set overWrite on your Excel node to true. If the file already exists (which it looks like it does from your file path) it won’t write.

Also, show your error. I just realized that was the node description you’re showing, not the error message.

Thank you for your help

@DorotaH Check your values of “List.Transpose” all of them are null. You need to first fix that and then write to excel.

There are standard OOTB nodes which you can achieve the same.

@Kulkul It should still export with nulls though, shouldn’t it? The problem seems to be with his WriteToFile node.

@DorotaH I think you’re still showing the node description. You need to hover the yellow flag above the node to see the error report.

@Nick_Boyts Haven’t tried yet. But i thought that would make a difference :wink: to his result.

Is that the raport what you meant?

I think the problem is excel file, exactly the numeration of excel’s rows (mising the row numer 0), but I don’t know how to fix it?

That shouldn’t be the problem. Dynamo still uses zero-based indexing to write to Excel rows and columns. (Row 0 = Row 1. Column 0 = Column A)

Not sure what the problem is at this point. I’m able to export with no problems.

The only other thing I can suggest is to try exporting to a different location - maybe your C: drive (or whatever your local drive letter is.)

I would also recommend using a new excel file and a new recur file as a start point. Both saved on the C drive. I believe I have had this error before when someone else had opened the excel file so make sure you have closed excel and any add-ons which may lock ownership of that file.

Hi guys,

Good news! It’s works! The problem was Excel program version. I had the Excel 2013 and today I do downgrade to the 2010 version. Thank you so much for help.

1 Like

Can someone help me with Dynamo, I’m having a problem exporting my data to excel. I generate the list of data to be exported, but in excel only goes to list 1 as it appears in the photo. can help me?

You’re list structure isn’t quite right. Be sure all lists are only one level deep. Add a watch node and/or preview the prior List Transpose node and be sure that the data only has two levels of depth, if not add a list.flatten node with lacig set to longest to see if that clears the issue.

Thanks Jacob i will try and post the results!

Thank you. I’ve been having the same problem as you.