Problem when deploying a package with versions later than 2020

Hello.

I`m developing a custom package for the company i work for. It works perfectly for revit 2020.

But it doesn`t matter what i do, the package simply can not be loaded into dynamo versions for revit 2021, 2022 and 2023.

I`m creating a folder at %appdata%\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit%Dynamo Version%

Dynamo versions are:
2.6 for Revit 2021
2.12 for Revit 2022
2.13 for Revit 2023

when i manually try to load my assembly from %appdata%\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit%Dynamo Version%\packages\MyPackage\MyPackage.dll dynamo says it couldn`t load the assembly.

On the notifications tab of dynamo i get the following message.Dynamo.Exceptions.LibraryLoadFailedException: Failed to load the library: MyPackage.dll

When i press show details it states the following:

Error generating the library: Mypackage.Dll
Failed to import Mypackage.dll
Exception of type ‘ProtoCore.BuildHaltException’ has been fired.

I`m going insane with this.

Any help?

Thank you all in advance

@Ramoon_Bandeira ,

For package management and deleting. Revit has to be closed!

KR

Andreas

1 Like

I actually build the solution, which compiles and copy all the dependencies to the correct folder, before opening revit.
So i guess that unfortunately this is not the problem

@Michael_Kirschner2 any thoughts on this one?

debug Dynamo to see where the build halt exception is thrown - this will probably make it easier to reason about what is going wrong when importing.

We have some tasks in the backlog to make zt import failures contain better logging.

1 Like

How to debug a solution that only contains node models?
The exception is not triggered in visual studio. It never reaches the point where we start debugging the nodes from the solution