Not All Dynamo Packages Loading

After temporarily moving our company server contents to a cloud server and then moving them back, certain dynamo packages are no longer being loaded. I’ve tried reinstalling the packages, moving the contents to a new folder path, and I cannot get them to load. The attached image shows the ones that are actually loading, and the ones that I have installed. Anyone have a solution for this?

I would suggest you check the logs because it will indicate which packages have not been loaded and possibly why.

To access the logger: Hover your mouse over the bottom of dynamo at the red line location in the below image then drag it up after the mouse icon has changed to a double black arrow.

Once here have a read up the lines to find the packages in question that are not loaded, and hopefully it will highlight why.

1 Like

I’m getting 2 different messages for the packages that won’t load.

Exception encountered scanning the package directory at F:\REVIT PROJECTS\Dynamo\DYNAMO 2.0 SCRIPTS\PACKAGES\packages\archi-lab.net
System.Exception:
F:\REVIT PROJECTS\Dynamo\DYNAMO 2.0 SCRIPTS\PACKAGES\packages\archi-lab.net\pkg.json contains a package without a header. Ignoring it.
at Dynamo.PackageManager.PackageLoader.ScanPackageDirectory(String directory)
Exception encountered scanning the package directory at F:\REVIT PROJECTS\Dynamo\DYNAMO 2.0 SCRIPTS\PACKAGES\packages\Data-Shapes

Exception when attempting to load package BattleBIM from F:\REVIT PROJECTS\Dynamo\DYNAMO 2.0 SCRIPTS\PACKAGES\packages\BattleBIM
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///F:\REVIT PROJECTS\Dynamo\DYNAMO 2.0 SCRIPTS\PACKAGES\packages\BattleBIM\bin\BattleBIM.customization.dll’ or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

almost surely the 0x80131515 code means the dll is blocked.

which makes sense since you moved them to a cloud server and then downloaded them (I am assuming) windows likes to blocks dlls from other machines / the web.

I checked the DLL files and none of them appear to be blocked. I even deleted a couple of the packages and tried to reinstall them to a local path and I’m still having the same issue.

Check with your IT guys.