Printing Pdf and Renaming Help

Hi,
What Am I doing wrong here? The print is successful, but I’m getting an error on Rename Files Node.

Error Says
“Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 27, in
WindowsError: [Errno 2] [Errno 3] Could not find a part of the path ‘D:\Desktop\Printing TEst\Project1 - Sheet - M202 - Level 2 Layout Plan.pdf’.”

Print and Rename.dyn (49.2 KB)

Hi @Sujan,

I’m not sure if the Rename Files node was updated for Dynamo 2.0.
You can find below a modified version for Dynamo 2.0 of the custom node.

Hi,
I’m getting no errors, but still, file rename is not working. It seemed fine in the previous session.

Print and Rename.dyn (99.9 KB)

Did you try with List Level @L2 on Identifiers and NewNames inputs ?

2 Likes

What a quick response. Thank you so much

HI, @Alban_de_Chasteigner Renaming is still not working consistently. Can you please suggest me any other nodes or method?
The Problem I’m facing right now are-

1. Only renames First File
  2. Doesn’t do anything even after switch the List Level.

Hi,

There is a File.Rename node in Orchid package.
It should work smoothly in dynamo 2.0.

Hi,

How do we get and match the Source name to Target Name?
2019-07-12_15-41-40

Bump

SourceName should be the original name, target name is the new file name.

Hi,
Just realized that I need to break down into two parts
It needs a break between plotting and renaming. The problem is that sometimes your sheet takes more time to print. The renaming of the file doesn’t wait.

You could use the Print PDF (multiple formats) node in Genius Loci package.
This is a variant of the Print PDF node. (Thanks to Konrad Sobon for making the original one.)
One of the input is the list of the final PDF names, so it is no longer necessary to rename PDF files.

1 Like

I hope it won’t go wrong. Thank you so much.

Hi,

I am trying to make similar script. I am using GeniusLoci Print PDF node and I still get the pdf file names the whole filepath+the name I want. I am using Revit 2018 and Dynamo 2.0.3. Can anyone tell where is the problem? Thank you so much.

Lucie

Hi Lucie,

Can you show your dynamo graph with the previews under the nodes and your desired result ? What is your virtual PDF printer ? Its setup can be important.

Hi Alban

Thank you for your reply. I ve just solved it. It was the PDFcreator settings (File name). Everything works perfectly.

Thanks so much.
Lucie

2 Likes