Printing and renaming PDF from Dynamo

I’m new to Dynamo and am trying to make my first Dynamo workflow to work.
I’ve followed Konrad’s post (http://archi-lab.net/printing-pdfs-w-dynamo/) but got an error ad the end (in the Rename Files).

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 27, in
WindowsError: [Errno 2] [Errno 3] Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Users\jnb\Desktop\PDF test pints\New PDF Document.dpf’.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 27, in
WindowsError: [Errno 17] [Errno 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Hi Bart,

I had a similar problem so I wrote a script in C# to batch rename the PDFs and CAD files. You can find the node in the package manager named RenamePDF. Below is a link to my post along with a video.

It would be nice if Konrad would update the Rename Files node, since it does not work in the latest version of Dynamo. However, it does still work in older versions. I was able to get it working without any issues in Dynamo 0.9.1.4062 (this is the version that installs with Revit 2017) with archi-lab version 2015.10.3.

Obviously not ideal, but Dynamo 0.9.1 can be installed side by side with newer versions, so it’s not a big issue.

I seem to get the exact same error message as you Bart, did this get solved?

Thanks, Jack.

I’ve been very busy with other stuff and unfortunately didn’t have time to look into this.
When I solved it, I will post it here.
But any input is still very welcome.

1 Like

Another way to get at it is to use string logic to write a BAT file that RENAMEs all the PDFs. The BAT can be then used outside of Revit/Dynamo.

In that graph, we had folders full of PDFs made by Bluebeam and the file names needed to have the sheets’ revision number in them.