Polycurve with offset around the slab

remember finish your selection

and if you will try with select faces something should work on both single select face or multiple

1 Like

It didn’t work either. It says that the curve union produced more than one dio in the polycurve. A polycurve must have exactly one edge. Are you getting it through my own file? How could it not work here?
:frowning:

Sorry, I didn’t use your model for reference. I used the OOTB architectural template model. I was also running it in 2022.

Btw, @sovitek last example is a different script from his first. You can’t use the select face method in with his first script. His second example is similar to what I have here and it should work. If you are trying to joint an existing roof as you have in your model, this will work. If you are trying to joint an existing ceiling, then you will need to incorporate the node that I circled in place of the other one.

Add Joint to Ceiling.dyn (26.2 KB)

2 Likes

Yes! It worked!
You saving me one more time. Thank you very much! :star_struck: :hugs:

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

Now that I understand, does it exclude the floor? Spawns the joint in the ceiling, but the floor is gone. Why? In this case, this could not happen.
The best scenario would be to look for the reference of the face of the floor and generate a ceiling with the cut itself, or just cut from the face of the ceiling.

Here is a way with void and cut geometry, could probably work as well…

I was selecting the wrong face

Wow, this is really good. Does exactly what I need. Could you provide me with the script?

dont think i have it anymore, it was just an example…try do as shown in the image and good exercise…try later if it still are in my bin on another pc…

Yes as I stated, with my script, you would actually be selecting the face of an existing ceiling or existing roof and replacing that with one with a joint. So if you want to create the ceiling by picking the floor, then you will have to use the method @sovitek has provided.

1 Like