PolyCurve.Offset to AutoCAD entity

Hi, I am trying to offset a polycurve and I can do that successfully. So now, I want to create the offset geometry as an AutoCAD entity. I am trying to use PolylineExtensions.ObjectByGeometry, but I get an error saying the inputs should be polycurve.

Is there a way to convert the output of PolyCurve.Offset to a polycurve or should I be using another node to convert to AutoCAD polyline?

Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure why you got that error, because offsetting a polycurve would result a polycurve.

Maybe you could try to export SAT using ExportToSAT node, but I suppose you need to build 3D geometry in order for it to work. Extrude the polycurves, export to SAT, import SAT into Revit, open up a floor plan and export DWG.

I think the topic is related to Civil 3D, not Revit. Not sure the user has access to Revit.
I also could offset the polycurve but couldn’t create the offset polycurve as an AutoCAD geometry in Civil 3D

I always forget to look at the tag Civil3D :sweat_smile: Can you import SAT in Civil3D?

Yes, sems to be possible, but I’m not sure if it’s the best way

I am thankful to your replies, unfortunately I am not at my desk currently.
I would share the screenshot once I get the chance to do so.
And as for SAT file, even though it might be possible, I am not sure if it would be the most efficient way.

Hola amigos buenas. :cowboy_hat_face:
Amigo @ab.chakraborty is an old know issue, try to use PolylineExtensions.ObjectbyGeometry from the package Civil3DToolkit normally this solve the issue!

Hi @gilberto.arechigaiba, hope everything is fine with you and thanks for responding.
How to deal with the creation of polyline if you have a polycurve created as an offset to the original curve? The offset polycurve can’t be created using the node you mentioned

Hello @gilberto.arechigaiba I am using the PolylineExtensions.ObjectGeometry but the curves are not getting converted to polycurve.

Hola amigos buenas. srry for the delay in the answer this year i’m full of work, i think you have a data type problem, as usual i will try to give you more back ground, as in autocad Dynamo manage diferent type of elements, normally each parameter in the node has a tooltip for the data type that needs, if it doesn’t have tool tip the warning gives you what data tipe expect for each parameter in the node, normally all the nodes has good enough information but is not allways simple to figure out wath is the data type needed, one tip that helps is to make the analogy of Autocad or C3D elements, and there are nodes to helps to convert to one datatype to an other, in this case to curves or polycurves and vice versa. i hope this info helps you, i let you an example.

2 Likes

Hi, you can use instead a PolylineExtensions.Offset Node it should work.