Polycurve Number of Curves incorrect in CAD2024?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this. Got CAD 2024 since last week. And one of my Dynamo Scripts is not working properly. I have the same input (list.flatten) but different outputs.

I’m wondering if it’s the node I use. And if there is a workaround for this problem.

1 Like

This seems to be limited to Dynamo core - can you confirm your Dynamo versions (Dynamo > About) and provide the list of the points so someone can try to reproduce?

One thought is that colinear points are being discarded, another is that geometry scaling is removing duplicate points for you.

Dynamo check.xlsx (85.0 KB)

Hi,

I have Dynamo Core 2.18.1.5095 and Dynamo Civil 3D 2.17.0.1503

I added another picture where I made a PL of it and then a node from Arkance System that I get the right amount of Curves :open_mouth:

PolyLine - an AutoCAD object, is not the same as a PolyCurve - A Dynamo Object. You’re not building a PolyCurve by generating a Polyline, nor are you building a polyline by generating a PolyCurve.

Typically we need the real XYZ values, not the string representation of the points thereof. WItht he values you provided I get the following from a PolyCurve.ByPoints node:

So one less line than points which makes sense as the first point doesn’t have a line terminating at it.

My guess is you’re losing coincident points.

I have check what you suggested and indeed I’m losing alot of points.
I’m not sure why tho. I also checked which version I used previously

Dynamo check with input points output points.xlsx (86.1 KB)

This excel data is still the Dynamo points. We need the raw XYZ values before points are made.

XY.xlsx (141.0 KB)

This is the file. But I already checked on a different PC and it worked on that PC.
But it is not working on my PC, so I will check if it’s my PC that is erroring

Check your geometry scaling - make sure it’s set to medium.

MadebyTJ.dyn (18.0 KB)
MadeByBJ.dyn (26.5 KB)

BJ is made by colleague
TJ is made by me

I get the right results in his script, I made the same script and I get another result.
Both with medium Geometry Scaling.

I really get the feeling that my PC/CAD is not working correct for some reason :frowning:

Both reading the same excel data?

Yess, going to test tomorrow with some other colleagues if they have the same issue or that it is just mine laptop😭

1 Like

I have checked and tested it. Colleagues didnt have the problem.
I think it’s my Dynamo Script that bugs and saves the bug.
I have restarted my PC and then everything works fine until I run my Dynamo Script.
And after running the polycurve node makes less curves.
I’m going to recreate my previous script and check if it works.