PolyCurve.ByThickneningCurveNormal Bug

Hi All

There seems to be a strange bug on the PolyCurve.ByThickneningCurveNormal node. I had to divide my millimetre value by 100 for it to be the actual value required for my graph.
Please see the image below.
Thank you.

@solamour @jacob.small

Which version of Dynamo are you in? I have found that this node in particular has some bugs that have been introduced at some point along the way. In order to get around this I’m some Python (or in some cases C#) code that has the added benefit of allowing for a left and right offset… I’ll dig it up later tooday.

Also what values are you seeing before doing the division? Can you build a simple use case with the error and expected results?

Hi Jacob

I entered a value of 7000mm (7 meters) into the node and instead got a polycurve at a width of 700,000mm. Dividing it by 100 takes it down to the intended value.
See the image below for the Dynamo version and dyn script attached.
Polycurve thicken error.dyn (28.9 KB)

Can you confirm you’re in Revit 2024.0?

Correct!

1 Like

Sorry, Jacob. I am actually in Revit 2024.1.

1 Like

Hi @bayowindapo ,

What are your units set to in Revit? I’ve seen cases where the units in the host program heavily influenced the values in Dynamo.

Sadly I haven’t updated yet (had a deadline this morning which has slowed me down). Hope to be current by the end of the day.

Hello.
My units are in millimetres.

@bayowindapo I was unable to reproduce the issue, and the issue I was previously struggling with has also been resolved.

Root cause for your graph might be something else in the graph or related to your system configuration. If you post the graph I’ll have a look and see if I can reproduce with that in place.

Hello Jacob

I have tested it all over ten computers in our office and they all have the same problem.
I made a new project in feet and the issue still persists.
So I do not think it is a units issue. We work in millimeters.

Hmm… Neither Sol or I were able to reproduce.

Can you reproduce with a simple graph that does something like selects a model line, gets the geometry, and builds a polycurve by thickening curve that’s say 100 units?

1 Like

Hello. Will do soon. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Jacob

Sorry about the late response.
I have been travelling. Here is the graph.
Thicken Curve.dyn (8.7 KB)

1 Like