PolyCurve.ByjoinedCurves warning: Curve join produced more than one WIRE in PolyCurve

Hello All,

I have an issue with the PolyCurve.ByjoinedCurves node when I am trying to get complex ceiling geometry.

Is there any workaround for this issue? thanks

Place Sprinklers V3.0.dyn (158.6 KB)

Try to Set Geometry Scaling to Medium.

Good Luck!

Try this node from archilab.

4 Likes

Thanks Gavin!

By the way, I am watching your youtube channel all the time. Very helpful! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi I have the same issue. But since I am using Revit 2023 I think Curve groups node from ArchiLab is not available. What is the function of that node to see if I can mimic the function?

You can use the new node out-of-the-box called Polycurve.ByGroupedCurves that does the same thing as the Archilab one @rojas27CL75M :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m so glad I found this comment. The Group Curves and then Polycurve.ByJoinedCurves occasionally doesn’t work for curves that where just extracted from, for example, a solid and the ByGroupedCurves nodes, so far, has corrected that. My thanks to the team!

1 Like

Glad you like it @Greg_McDowell! We’re seeking now to improve Dynamo nodes to simply be smarter like this across the board, so if there are other frustration-point contenders with an obvious answer please do let me know :pray: