Placing Wall Hosted voids for electrical rough opeing in revit

Hi,

I am trying to write a dynamo script so that I can place my wall hosted void every 6 feet at a certain distance from the ground. I used a similar method to Damon and Bill at this link: Wall Hosted Receptacles (Continued). I think their graph would have worked for me but I can no longer find the node “Curves.DivideCurvebyDistance” in any packages. I saw somewhere that it may no longer be available. Instead I used the Curve.PointsAtEqualSegmentLength node and am not getting the results I want. Can anyone help me? The screenshot of my graph is attached.

Thanks,

Skye

That node is from LunchBox

Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I already have lunchbox downloaded. Maybe it’s a newer node and that’s why I can’t find it. I am working in Revit 2016 and therefore only downloaded the latest 2016 Lunchbox package. I downloaded the most recent 2017 version and it’s there. Thanks for your help! Unfortunately it did not work as I had hoped (again). It is placing the voids at random points in space, not on the wall family that I made. Do you know of any way to resolve this?

I can do some experimenting on my end
Why holes in walls anyway? Doors and windows cut their own

I wanted to use voids to give a rough installation size for an electrical receptacle. The built in Revit receptacle family does not cut a hole in the wall. Modifying a door or window to that size did not work for me. I am going to work on it as well today and will let you know if I figure it out.

Thank You!

If you look at my earlier screen shots, the spacing works fine, but it doesn’t seem to like hosted families. Wall-based receptacles come in turned 90-degrees for some reason. I haven’t tried running it with a NON-hosted family yet.

Other people have said that ANY hosted family, whether plane based or wall based is a problem

I see, the void I created is wall hosted as well, so that would make sense why it isn’t working…