Align objects with a 3d curve - pt 2

Hello!

I’m facing the same Problem as posted under the following link:
<p style=“margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11pt;”>http://dynamobim.com/forums/topic/align-objects-with-a-3d-curve/</p>
I am using Dynamo 0.8.2.2392 and want to be able to place equally distanced objects on a 3d curve (3d spline from points) and those objects should align to the curve. I’ve tried out Joop’s solution but it’s not working and I can’t find the reason for it. The objects do not turn in the right direction and there are different warnings :-(

I would be very thankful for some help!

align objects to 3d line_V3_prob

align objects to 3d line_V3_prob_model

File: ObjCrvAlign.dyn (0.8.3)

Demo file: CrvObjAlgn.rvt

20150926-1

Thanks a lot Vikram!

Your solution is working very well. In the next step I’ll have to project it on a 3d curve like in the screenshot below. I think it wasn’t really visible in my first screenshot.

Any suggestions in the meantime are very welcomed :wink:

align objects to 3d line_V3_prob_model_2

Bartlomiej, I would have expected this to work even with a 3D curve, but it doesn’t seem to be working that well.

20150928-1

In my case, there are already problems with the curve itself. It is an adaptive family (spline through points). The result is:

align objects to 3d line_V3_prob_2

I just started a new revit project and got the same errors even with a planar curve (model line). Actually it only seems to work in Your sample file (and it works here really good):

objcrvalign_trial01

I think I got it. It seems like we had to specify the input:

objcrvalign_solved

Thank you very much Vikram!!!