Placing existing views on existing sheets

Hi Everyone,

I was looking for a way to place existing views on existing sheets and I found the post below by @Joseph_Peel about separating a Python script for creating new views and placing them on new sheets in two.

I am trying to use the second python script to put my existing views on existing sheets, But I am confused about the inputs of the script. What should I use for IN[0] and [1]. Now I am using the element IDs of the sheet and view as inputs but this is the warning I get:

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 31, in
AttributeError: ‘str’ object has no attribute ‘Id’

Thanks A lot! :slight_smile:

Hello @bzolghadri!

I tried to create this as well to help you out and what I found was that the code works when it’s pulling from a categories list as opposed to individually specified elements see attached for how to layout the node and how to setup the script. Hope this helps!
Views_On_Sheets.dyn (8.0 KB)

Thank you Nick!
As you mentioned, I have to have a list of Sheets and Views to make this node work.

I am now experimenting ways to come up with a way to filter my Sheet list and View list.

1 Like

Can you post the custom node for “View On Sheet”?

Thanks

Hi John. The custom node is attached.

View On Sheet.dyf (4.8 KB)

2 Likes

Hi @bzolghadri

Have you had any luck with figuring this out? I’ve been trying to achieve the same outcome. I’ve merged your node with one from @Daniel_Woodcock1’s script that places legends on sheets.

How would I match the view names (or a part of the name) with the sheet name or room number and place them on the corresponding sheet? I have seen several workflows that do this from an excel file, but all my content is already in Revit.

SJ_ViewPlacerWIP.dyn (30.5 KB)