Placing detail item in the front/back with dynamo

Hello there

I´m trying to generate a 2D schematic for my heating radiators in a drafting view which, after some efforts, turns out quite well.
I do have issues when placing overlapping detail component with dynamo. As you can see, my radiator with the attached pipes is placed in front of the set of valves. The masking regions in the valves behave well and “cut” the pipes when moved to the front manually.
Can i control the “placement” of a detail item in dynamo, for instance move them to the back/front?

Just checking before you proceed, is your masking region contained within the Valve Symbol family OR is is Nested in the valve symbol family?

It matters because the first of the 2 would not work no matter what scenario you try to use it like this i don’t think.

Hi pyXam
The family has the 2 valve-symbols (generic annotations) nested.
If i bring the valves to the front or send the radiator with pipes to the back manually i get the desired look, se image:

Ah good.

I am not at my computer at the moment but i’d probably start with this post and fix whatever issue they were having :slight_smile:

Hope this help :slight_smile:

That worked, almost. I had to adapt the python code and add Transaction.End and Transaction.Start according to

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/how-to-bring-details-or-detail-components-to-front-or-send-to-back/18214

2 Likes