Placing a Multi Category Schedule on a Sheet

Hi All,
I have been attempting to place a newly created multi category schedule on a sheet using dynamo, but I am having no luck.
Any solution I have come across has not worked (I have attached 3 options I have explored - there have been others):
Part_03_D_Place Schedule_Option 1.dyn (16.4 KB)
Part_03_D_Place Schedule_Option 2.dyn (34.2 KB)
Part_03_D_Place Schedule_Option 3.dyn (32.7 KB)

The names of the schedule and sheet will remain constant as it is for a very specific purpose.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Can you show us screenshots of your graphs in use, with all node preview bubbles pinned and any warnings or errors noted, so that we can see what’s going on? Make sure your screenshot is legible (use the Export Workspace button in the top right of the window).

@Nick_Boyts unfortunately the export workspace function does not work for me so I have attached screenshots.

For option 3, no view has been placed on the sheet.

Option 2 that I explored is not a runner as it is set up for a different scenario.

Both warnings are pretty straight forward. You have an invalid syntax in Option 1. We’d have to see your python code to see exactly what’s going on. Option 3 says you already have that view on a sheet. You’ll have to remove the view before placing it anywhere else.

As you can see here the schedule in question is not placed already, so I do not know what is happening here.

i have migrated the python node from Iron Python 2 to Python 3 and now I look at it I don’t believe it is suitable for my purposes. It is set up to place multiple legends / schedules on multiple sheets from a list.

Ahh. Now I see you’re dealing with schedules. I wasn’t paying enough attention.

The schedules you see in the project browser are schedule definitions, while the ones placed on sheets are schedule instances of the schedule definition. Long story short: schedule views don’t get placed the same way other views do. You can check out the discussion below for more information and a python solution or you can use Viewport.Create from Rhythm (which is setup to accept schedules).

@Nick_Boyts that works perfectly thank you very much.