Place Wall on Topography

Wall-Follows-Topo.dyn (33.0 KB)

I have re-created a definition for placing walls on topography and have gotten it to kind of work? I need help to finish it or to figure out what i did wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

We need more information. Can you show us how you’re using your graph? What are you expecting and what are you getting?

Nick,

As you can see form the image, I am trying to create a wall along the topography that can be set at a certain height above the grade. I am then trying to create a wall from the profile generated. It seems to work, but falls apart and only creates a small portion of the wall, and doesn’t finish the complete profile.

I hope that helps?

Chris

Project1.rvt (1.3 MB)

You can cut out some of the middle. You want the individual curves, not the combined polycurves as I think it’ll make placing walls easier.

Otherwise I think there’s an issue with something in the python code. I was able to get it to work for one wall segment - the others were at the correct slope but the wrong elevation.

Nick,

I made the adjustments based on your image, but mine errors outs?

What error are you getting? What is the output of your Flatten node? It looks like maybe it isn’t set to use defaults. Right-click and use defaults for amt or set the amt to -1.

got it. thank you

I borrowed the ‘Wall from Profile’ python script from this thread:

Could you share wallfromprofile python script, please? I open that link you borrowed but link cant reached.

Hi, Can I have this script, please?

1 Like