Place multiple views on sheet

Fantastic, that has placed two views on sheet. The only problem is, that the views aren’t necessarily being placed on the correct sheet. My first 5 sheets are correct, but from there it is placing a random two views on a sheet. I believe it is placing the views that were created first in revit on my next sheet, then the next two views that were created on my next sheet and so on. Whereas I want it to be reading from the excel file and place the relevant view on the sheet. Any idea what may be causing this?

Looking at the image of your graph, I would agree this is correct. Right now you are just filtering your list of views by whether or not their names are in your Excel file, so they are sorted by Element Id (which would be order of creation). You need to retrieve the views in the order of their names.

Personally in this instance I would use a dictionary method - download the package Springs (dictionaries are now a built in aspect of Dynamo 2.0 but I see you are still running 1.3). There is a node Springs.Dictionary.ByKeysValues. Input your list of view names from Element.Name as the “keys” input, the view elements as the “values” input, and then your list of Excel view names for the “searchKeys” input.

Thanks Amy, I have done what you said (I think, but I’ve probably connected the wrong nodes…) and am getting a whole heap of “null” values in my dictionary node :frowning: