Place Mullions on Curtain Grids

Hi,

I’m looking to place mullions on a given curtain grid/s. Is there any way to do this with Dynamo? Do I need to resort to python and if so, how?

Thanks

@Michael_Dunn1 see this post here: Python Mullion Type Problems

Thanks - I’ve been through that post but my python skills are meagre and I couldn’t make sense of the code.

I’m essentially just after what I would need to do given two inputs: curtain grids and mullion type.

Thanks

check out the Wombat package:

Thank you. I can’t see anything related to mullions in that list but I’ll check it out further when I’m in the office on Monday.

Do you mean when defined in the type properties of the curtain wall? We need to place different mullions on different curtain grids so we’re not defining the mullion type in the CW properties. I can already create the grids where I need them, but with this list of grids I’d then like to assign mullions to some of them.

Okay, so I figured it out. As I said, I’m a complete numpty with Python and coding in general so my issue here was trying to figure out what the API docs were telling me. Of course, it’s very simple but here it is just in case anyone as slow as me needs a hand! :slight_smile:

Variables

doc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentDBDocument
grids = UnwrapElement(IN[0])
mullType = UnwrapElement(IN[1])
mullions = []

Start Transaction

TransactionManager.Instance.EnsureInTransaction(doc)

Add Mullion to Grid Line

for g in grids:
mullions.append(g.AddMullions(g.FullCurve,doc.GetElement(mullType.Id),False))

Stop Transaction

TransactionManager.Instance.TransactionTaskDone()

OUT = mullions

2 Likes

Hey,

Sorry to reopen this topic. Is there a way to make the python script work with multiple walls?