Place Legends on Multiple Sheets with Template Legend

Yes, this was not actually available when I first built this back in 2018, but it also does not have the Update feature to prevent duplicates nor can you do them all at once, but copy and paste can be the painful way of doing it.

@SeanP
You CAN copy-paste multiple Legends at once from one Sheet to multiple other Sheets (in Revit 2021)!

1 Like

Can you explain how your copying to multiple sheets at once? I hadn’t seen that functionality before, and I can’t seem to find it currently either, but would be happy to know how your doing it!

However, the update position and duplicate protection logic is still better than native approach.

Maybe you tried it yourself already, if not;
You can simply select multiple Legends on a Sheet and use Ctrl+C, then use the Paste button on the Ribbon and select Aligned to Selected Views.

1 Like

Thanks @bvs1982 that makes perfect sense and no I hadn’t thought about that approach, probably because I use our tools to do it, but thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing! This saved me a bunch of time today!

1 Like

@SeanP
Hi, I have a problem when I run this script, the last node - Create or update Viewport popped up a warning: see below,
IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScriptoperation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last): File"", line 30, in
attriuteError:‘Char’ object has no attribute ‘GetBoxCenter’

Sounds like you are most likely feeding the wrong thing into the node. Could u please share a photo of the graph and error with node previews expanded?

Here’s my screenshot. I used the same one you post online.

Here’s my Revit test file screenshot.

1 Like

Can you please provide the image again with the results shown from each node? I would like to see what is being fed into them.

Please see attached.

Please remove or change the image.

It’s the same error message when I removed or changed to other images.

What version of Revit and Data Shapes are you using? What if you remove the wire from the Image node?

I am using Revit 2021 and Data Shapes 2019.2.42.
Still the same error message if I remove the wire from the image node, see below.

@SeanP
@mostafa.elayoubi.ds

I went to use this script in 2024 and an error in the Python code in Data-Shapes.

Any insights on a solution?

"[
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 56, in
ImportError: Cannot import name ImageImportOptions

]"

Thanks

-Ian

1 Like

Hey @kslifter ! Thank you for reporting this. Looks like the class got deprecated. If you’re not using the chart import as image feature you can delete that import as it is not needed for anything else. You’ll probably need to delete any reference to it in the code.

I’ll publish a new version that can deal with these changes soon .

4 Likes

Sounds good! I did open it and look into deleting that import, but there are way more lines of code than I am used to working with. I’ll just wait till you send out and updated version.

Thanks!

Hey there @kslifter !
I just found some time to spend on an 2024 update for the package but it turns out I can’t reproduce your error with 2022.2.106 :sweat_smile: . Which version are you working with ?

1 Like