Place Legends on Multiple Sheets with Template Legend

There isn’t a window that opens. When you press “Select Legend” it puts you in selection mode. All you need to do is find the Legend you want on the sheet and click it.

Can you show the preview of the MultiInputForm so I can see what it has?

Also, make sure you are using the Legend Graph for Legends and the Schedule graph for schedules.

It doesn’t look like you are picking a legend on a sheet:

1. Open a sheet
  2. Place a Legend on a Sheet
  3. Run Dynamo Graph
  4. Select Legend on the Sheet in the Sheet View
  5. Select the Sheets to also place the Legends on

1 Like

Hello @SeanP
Thank you

I’m getting a corrupted file error when opening. Could you possibly repost the files?

What version are you trying to open it in?

Version 1.3.4.6666 I believe, sorry new to dynamo

Yes, that is the problem. The graph was created in version 2.+.

Ah I see. I thought they maybe the case after my post. ill need to figure out how to update it now haha

Unfortunately its still not working

Install the Data Shapes Package from the Package Manager under Packages tab at the top.

1 Like

Thank you for help, I now how it working. Fantastic.

I’m wondering if it would be a simple process to do a remove legend from sheets too

It wouldn’t be too much trouble. Are you thinking it would work the same? Pick a template from a sheet and other sheets to remove it from, or just pick the legend and remove them all from all sheets?

Brilliant script Sean, very well done, simple and concise i love it!!

works beautifully.

I have implemented it into our workflow, and referenced this forum post as the source for credit.

many thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Glad it could be helpful for you!

What do the error message above the nodes say?

I’m having the same issues as Sander! I believe it must be an issue with the Data-Shapes package.
I have used the script early in the year and it worked perfectly fine.

Could you share your graph?

Was exactly the same as the image above. I manage to get it working again. Had to manually uninstall the data-shapes package and install it again.

1 Like

You can also have a look at the add-in called Pangolin. This does basicly what you want.

Don’t know if it is mentioned already, but you can also just copy-paste Legends.

1 Like